Ubiquiti Unifi Access Point: The Ubiquiti UniFi UAP is a revolutionary wireless Access Point that combines carrier class performance, unlimited scalability, disruptive pricing, and a virtual management controller. This Ubiquiti UniFi AP (UAP) is a 802.11n MIMO Access Point with speeds capable of up to 300 Mbp using UniFi MIMO 2×2 antenna system. Zero Hand-Off Roaming technology enables mobile users to roam anywhere and seamlessly maintain their connection as they switch to the nearest AP.
- Google Maps Integration – Upload your own custom coverage maps or configure your map using the built-in Google Maps API.
- L3 Manageability – With L3 manageability, the UniFi Controller software can be run on a different subnet than the UniFi APs it manages, allowing “no-touch” AP provisioning
- One UniFied Network – Option to create one large wireless network across multiple APs that lets users seamlessly roam.
- Events and Alerts – UniFi makes it easy to view and set up email delivery of alerts and recent event notifications on your network(s).
- Access Points (APs) – Easily install, configure, and manage all access points from one location.
- Guest Portal/Hotspot Support – Easy customisation and advanced options for Guest Portals include authentication, Hotspot setup options, and the ability to run as an external portal server. Take advantage of UniFi’s rate limiting for your Guest Portal and Hotspot package offerings. Apply different bandwidth rates (download/upload), limit total data usage, and limit duration of use.
- All UniFi APs include Hotspot functionality:
- Built-in support for billing integration using major credit cards via PayPal.
- Built-in support for voucher-based authentication.
- Built-in Hotspot Manager for voucher creation, guest management, and payment refund.
- Full customisation of Hotspot portal pages.
- Multi-Site Management – A single UniFi Controller can manage multiple, distributed deployments and multi-tenancy for managed service providers. You can configure settings and administrator accounts specific to each deployment.
Unlimited Scalability – UniFi Controller management software
UniFi 3.0 builds on previous UniFi releases, which offer comprehensive hotspot management and a flexibly deployed software controller. The controller can run on-premises, in a private cloud or public cloud. After the UniFi Controller software is installed on a Mac or PC, the UniFi Controller can be accessed through any device using a Web browser. The UniFi Controller allows the administrator to instantly provision thousands of UniFi APs, map out networks, quickly manage system traffic, and further provision individual UniFi AP devices.
Zero Hand-Off Roaming technology
Ubiquiti’s new UniFi 3.0 software offers unique and innovative Zero Hand-Off Roaming technology that enables mobile users to roam anywhere and seamlessly maintain their connection as they switch to the nearest AP.
Ideal for VoIP and Video
The UniFi APs use multicasting to communicate with each other and determine which is the best AP for the client based on signal, thereby preventing any packet loss or latency. Only the AP with the best signal serves the client. This makes Zero Handoff Roaming ideal for Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and video applications. Zero Handoff Roaming is also ideal for mobile clients that tend to move around or sticky clients that tend to stay connected to the same AP, even when another AP can provide a stronger signal.
Passive Power over Ethernet (PoE)
The Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality allows both power and data to be carried over a single Ethernet cable to the Ubiquiti UniFi AP (UAP).